To see each session of our LifeWay Women Advent Study, click here.
For most of us, colder weather has officially made itself a regular part of the weekly forecast and the cozy sweaters, hats, and boots have been pulled out of storage. (In fact, we hope you’re reading this with a cup of hot cocoa and your softest blanket handy!) Even if you’re still enjoying warmer days, we can all agree that these last two months of the year tend to FLY BY. The holiday season is nearly always a busy one, and it can be easy to get lost in the parties, people, food, and bustle that fill the days ahead. So how do we approach these coming weeks with intention?
That’s one of the things we love most about Advent—that it resets our focus and helps us intentionally slow down and remember the gravity of Christ’s birth. Last year, we celebrated Advent together as a community with a reading plan, and we loved diving into Scripture with you as we approached Christmas. This year, we’re inviting you to join us again, but we’ll be diving into our new study, Advent:The Weary World Rejoices!
Over 5 weeks, we’ll grow our understanding of the anticipation and waiting the Old Testament world endured, the joy and new life signaled by the coming of Christ, and the way Advent points to the glory of God still to come. Learn more about the study or read a sample here.
So how will this work?
- Each week, we’ll send you an email with a short video and some fun downloads/printables to help you study Advent along with us.
- Our study of Advent will be 5 weeks long. You’ll get to watch the bonus video content for free.
- We’ll post a new video session here each week. You can plan for the videos to be 10-20 minutes long.
- For the first week, you’ll watch the video on first, and then complete the Week One material in the study book before we meet again!
- You’ll need to grab a copy of the Advent Bible study book. Friends outside the U.S., check out this list of online retailers around the world.
Our goal is not to add more to an already busy season, but for us to step back and soak in all that Christ’s coming means for us this season and every day.
What other ways are you planning on celebrating the holiday season with your family and friends? We’d love to hear about your ideas in the comments section!