Welcome to Session 2 of Advent Bible study! We can’t wait to hear what you learned in your personal study about hope this week, and we’re looking forward to previewing our study of peace next week.
As a reminder, here’s how this will work:
- Each Friday, we’ll post a bonus video here on the blog, and we’ll have questions for you to answer in your group or in the comments section of the post. We hope these interactions will be both challenging and encouraging! This week, we’ll ask a few questions about your personal study from the Bible study book as well as our new video.
- We’ll also have a fun printable or activity for you each week along with a phone wallpaper of that week’s key verse. 🙂
- At the end of the post, we will let you know the personal study assignment to do for the next week in your Advent Bible study book. That’s it!
A note about the Bible study videos: We are excited to offer bonus video content for the Advent Bible study for a limited time. We will leave all the videos up until January 15, 2020, allowing some breathing room for those who join in late or miss a couple of weeks.
Have more questions? Check out our Online Bible Study FAQs.
Now that we’re all on the same page, let’s jump in to Session 2!
- What from last week’s personal study about hope was particularly impactful for you?
- What do you think of when you hear the word peace? A lack of conflict, chaos, or confusion? A feeling of serenity or stillness?
- In 2 Thessalonians 3:16, Paul wrote, “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way” (NIV). Does knowing peace is available to you at all times change your view of what peace is?
- Is there one thought or sentence that stuck out to you in this week’s video? What stood out and why?
Once you’ve answered the questions above in your small group or in the comments section, here’s a fun printable for you to use this week! If you’ve looked ahead to Week 2’s activities in the Advent study book, you may have noticed the recipe for homemade marshmallows. (We’re already dreaming about making these this week!) We thought it’d be fun to also provide some printable recipe cards for hot drinks to accompany those. 🙂
And, here’s a fun wallpaper of this week’s key verse: Isaiah 9:6. We hope it serves as a reminder of our peace in Christ.
Before next week, complete Week 2: Peace (pages 43-63) in your Bible study book. We’ll see you next time!