Welcome to Session 3 of Advent Bible study! We can’t wait to hear what you learned about peace from your personal study this week, and we’re looking forward to previewing our study of joy next week.
As a reminder, here’s how this will work:
- Each Friday, we’ll post a bonus video here on the blog, and we’ll have questions for you to answer in your group or in the comments section of the post. We hope these interactions will be both challenging and encouraging! This week, we’ll ask a few questions about your personal study from the Bible study book as well as our new video.
- We’ll also have a fun printable or activity for you each week along with a phone wallpaper of that week’s key verse.
- At the end of the post, we will let you know the personal study assignment to do for the next week in your Advent Bible study book. That’s it!
A note about the Bible study videos: We are excited to offer bonus video content for the Advent Bible study for a limited time. We will leave all the videos up until January 15, 2020, allowing some breathing room for those who join in late or miss a couple of weeks.
Have more questions? Check out our Online Bible Study FAQs.
Now that we’re all on the same page, let’s jump in to Session 3!
- What from last week’s personal study about peace was particularly impactful for you?
- What’s the difference between having peace with God and feeling peaceful? Are they always present together?
- In the upside-down way of the kingdom, joy is a result of our suffering and our service. Can you describe a time when your suffering or service brought you joy?
- Is there one thought or sentence that stuck out to you in this week’s video? What stood out and why?
Once you’ve answered the questions above in your small group or in the comments section, here’s a fun printable for you to use this week! If you’ve looked ahead to Week 3’s activities in the Advent study book, you may have noticed the activity for learning calligraphy. This week, we’re providing a printable for practicing your calligraphy skills and a printable of some gift tags!
And, here’s a fun wallpaper of this week’s key verse: Luke 2:17-18. We hope it serves as a reminder of the joy we have in Christ.
Before next week, complete Week 3: Joy (pages 75-95) in your Bible study book. We’ll see you next time!