Welcome to Session 4 of Advent Bible study! We can’t wait to hear what you learned about joy from your personal study this week, and we’re looking forward to previewing our study of love next week.
As a reminder, here’s how this will work:
- Each Friday, we’ll post a bonus video here on the blog, and we’ll have questions for you to answer in your group or in the comments section of the post. We hope these interactions will be both challenging and encouraging! This week, we’ll ask a few questions about your personal study from the Bible study book as well as our new video.
- We’ll also have a fun printable or activity for you each week along with a phone wallpaper of that week’s key verse.
- At the end of the post, we will let you know the personal study assignment to do for the next week in your Advent Bible study book. That’s it!
A note about the Bible study videos: We are excited to offer bonus video content for the Advent Bible study for a limited time. We will leave all the videos up until January 15, 2020, allowing some breathing room for those who join in late or miss a couple of weeks.
Have more questions? Check out our Online Bible Study FAQs.
Now that we’re all on the same page, let’s jump in to Session 4!
- What from last week’s personal study about joy was particularly impactful for you?
- Looking back over your life, what have been the most joy-filled times?
- God loved us so much He gave us His Son. Love compels us to give—time, resources, affirming words, and so forth. How do you see this truth play out if your life?
- How has the wonder of God’s love transformed your life? What actions do you take to share this love with others?
- Is there one thought or sentence that stuck out to you in this week’s video? What stood out and why?
Once you’ve answered the questions above in your small group or in the comments section, here’s a fun printable for you to use this week! If you’ve looked ahead to Week 4’s activities in the Advent study book, you may have noticed the activity for spreading love and Christmas cheer. For part of this activity, you’re supposed to write a letter of gratitude to two people in your life, so we created some printable notecards! Also, since next week is Christmas, we wanted to share our LifeWay Women Christmas playlist. 🙂
And, here’s a fun wallpaper of with a portion of this week’s key verse: John 3:16-17. We hope it serves as a reminder of God’s love for us.
Before next week, complete Week 4: Love (pages 107-127) in your Bible study book. We’ll see you next time!