There’s a reason why thousands of women across the nation turn to Priscilla Shirer’s Bible studies when they’re searching for powerful biblical truth to shake them out of routine faith once and for all.
At a Going Beyond Live event with Priscilla Shirer, you won’t find sugar-coated truths or half-hearted declarations; instead, you’ll experience whole-hearted teaching to inspire and challenge you to step into God’s plan for your life.
And if you don’t live in one of the cities Priscilla is headed for this year—Seattle, Daytona Beach, Fort Collins, and Memphis—why not plan a long weekend for you and your friends?
With all four cities boasting a variety of restaurants and attractions, here are just a few of our picks to get you started:
- Browse the endless seafood, produce, and flower vendors at the famous Pike Place Market.
- Take a ferry to Bainbridge Island for a lush landscape filled with ferns and moss.
- Get a bird’s eye view of the city from the Sky View Observatory (even taller than the well-known Space Needle).
- Browse portraits at the Seattle Art Museum (or the free Frye Art Museum).
- Picnic above the city at Kerry Park.
- Start your morning at the Starbucks Reserve Roastery & Tasting Room.
- Don’t miss the Instagrammable Fremont Troll (beneath the Aurora Avenue Bridge).
- See a musical before it hits Broadway at the 5th Avenue Theatre.
- Hike Mount Rainier (still an active volcano!) National Park for bragging rights.
- Slurp oysters on the half shell at The Walrus and the Carpenter
- Brunch with friends at Fat’s Chicken and Waffles, the Champagne Diner, or The Wandering Goose.
Register for the March Going Beyond Live event in Seattle here.
Daytona Beach, FL:
- Sink your toes in the sand at the beach, of course!
- Catch a ball game while eating hot dogs at the Jackie Robinson Ballpark.
- Take vacation photos in front of the Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse before touring the museum.
- Find some artistic inspiration within the Cici & Hyatt Brown Museum of Art.
- Stroll the boardwalk while sampling local salt water taffy.
- Pack your boots to hike the Tiger Bay State Forest.
- Feast on fresh crab legs or scallops at Macker Seafood or Bay Street Seafood.
- Indulge in local Italian ice at Jeremiah’s or homemade ice cream at Cow Licks.
Register for the April Going Beyond Live event in Daytona Beach here.
Fort Collins, CO:
- Marvel at 19th century architecture and learn about the lives of early settlers in historic Old Town.
- Take a horseback riding tour through Poudre Canyon.
- Hike the many trails that wind through Horsetooth Mountain Open Space for breath-taking vistas.
- Tour the gorgeous Avery mansion, built in 1879.
- Catch a ride on Car 21, a restored trolley from 1919.
- Indulge in old-fashioned comfort food at Silver Grill (established in 1933).
- Grab dessert at Nuance Chocolate or Vern’s Toffee House.
- Try to remember your childhood music lessons on one of 65 pianos spread across the city as part of a public art initiative.
Register for the June Going Beyond Live event in Fort Collins here.
- Visit the most famous city landmark: Elvis Presley’s Graceland home.
- Tour the National Civil Rights Museum at the Lorraine Motel.
- Escape the heat at the Peabody Hotel for the twice-daily duck march.
- Take the Sun Studio tour to see where Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, and other household names started their musical careers.
- Grab a milkshake at the old timey soda fountain counter inside A. Schwab.
- Get your hands messy with the best barbeque ribs from Blues City Café.
- Board a riverboat for a 90-minute cruise down the Mississippi River.
- Dine at the Pyramid’s observation deck restaurant for a 360° look at the city below.
- Catch a classic movie at the historic Orpheum theater.
- Indulge in a donut (or two!) at Gibson’s.
Register for the July Going Beyond Live event in Memphis here.
Where will you study with Priscilla this year? Let us know which city you plan to visit in the comments below!