Hey! Today, February 17, is Random Acts of Kindness Day! While we should observe this holiday every day of the year, it’s a sweet reminder to share joy as much as possible.
Where to start? Glad you asked! Our team compiled a list of all the ways we’re personally celebrating this year, and we hope you’ll help us out by adding your own ideas in the comment section below!
- Pay for a stranger’s coffee at your local shop.
- Send a “thinking of you” note via snail mail.
- Bundle up and organize a donuts and coffee stand in your front yard for your neighbors.
- Bake cookies and drop them off on an elderly neighbor’s front step.
- Double your lunch or dinner recipe and surprise a friend with a night off from cooking.
- Let the person behind you in the checkout line go first.
- Weed a friend or neighbor’s flower bed or mow their lawn. (While this obviously applies to warmer climates right now, file this idea away until spring.)
- Tell someone how much they mean to you.
- Scrape ice off your neighbor’s car in the morning.
- Leave books in a local little free library.
- Make eye contact and smile at person you meet while running errands.
- Leave a gift card for your hard-working mail carrier or crossing guards.
- Deliver baked goods to your local fire department or police station.
- Leave flowers on a friend’s front porch.
- Know parents who need a night out? Offer to watch their kids for free.
- Pick up extra bags of pet food for local animal shelters.
- Pool your money with other friends and neighbors to help pay the bills of someone in financial need.
How are you celebrating Random Acts of Kindness Day this year?