This past Saturday, March 20, marked the first official day of spring! Who doesn’t love a season that represents new beginnings, blooming flowers, budding trees, and looking forward to celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ?
If you’re anything like us, you’re ready to get outdoors, enjoy the sunshine, and make the most of this beautiful season. To help you get started, we’re sharing our 2021 checklist of must-do springtime activities.
Here’s our list of 21 spring activities for 2021:
- Throw some wildflower seeds in the backyard for future bouquets.
- Walk outside for at least thirty minutes per day.
- Have a picnic in the backyard.
- Make flower-shaped cookies with the kids or grandkids.
- Plant a small garden.
- Go bike riding around your neighborhood.
- Set up a bird feeder and enjoy watching the birds.
- Plant flowers in your backyard or in pots.
- Enjoy a fresh salad as fruits and vegetables come in season.
- Cook on the grill.
- Visit a local park for a walk, hike, or to sit with a good book.
- Pick dandelions and blow them into the air.
- Take the kids outside with sidewalk chalk or bubbles and have fun.
- Play cornhole, capture the flag, hide-and-seek, Frisbee®, or another fun outdoor game.
- Have an outdoor picnic with your friends and have everyone bring separate blankets so you can maintain a safe distance.
- Open your windows and get that spring air going!
- Visit the farmers market.
- Take outdoor family photos.
- Fly a kite.
- If you live near the water, take time to sit by the water and relax.
- Go through your closet and get rid of things you haven’t worn in a year so you have room for new spring clothes.
How are you celebrating the new season? Tell us in the comments!